I'm a busy writer bee! Check out the posts I've written for other blogs.
Nerdy With Children: I wrote a guest post about Family Bonding with Doctor Who.
Kirby Larson: I wrote about meeting the needs of gifted readers by Letting Go of Goldilocks.
School Library Journal: Connect the Pop - a site that features posts about Media Literacy. I had the first guest post, as I discussed how I use fandom (specifically Star Wars and Harry Potter) to teach literary analysis with the Hero's Journey. "Harnessing Fandom to Teach the Hero's Journey"
More posts for SLJ!
There and Back Again (re)Visiting the Hobbit (part 1) - where I discuss using the Hobbit trailers for media literacy discussions and to get my students revved up for reading the book.
There and Back Again (part 2) - where I reflect on the discussions my students had using Google Docs after finishing the book and then watching the trailers again.
FANDOM POST: I write a weekly Star Wars Thursday post at Fandom Post. I also write comics reviews there, mostly Dark Horse. Check out the list of my Fandom Post writings here:
Nerdy Book Club: Updated! I've now had six posts go live on Nerdy Book Club
1) a "Retro Review" for Wrinkle in Time's 50th anniversary. How exciting! Check it out! Tessering Back to A Wrinkle in Time. I also added this one to my blog, back dated to the anniversary date.
2) Ode to a Geeky Reader, which was cross posted on my own blog.
3) Top Ten Girl Power Books - Picture Books - a joint post created with Jen Vincent and Kellee Moye from Teach Mentor Texts. Love the power of Google Docs!
4) Top Ten Girl Power Books - Middle Grades - another joint post with Jen Vincent and Kellee Moye.
5) Top Ten Girl Power Books - Young Adult. The final post in the series with Jen and Kellee. They were so much fun to write!
6) Batty About Book Buddies - Where my wonderful partner The Brain Lair (aka Kathy) and I discuss how we created Batty About Books, and reflect on the past year of reading and chatting.
7) A "Retro Review" of My Side of the Mountain
Teen Librarian's Toolbox:
I wrote a guest post for The Sunnydale Project about season 8 and 9 of the Buffy and Angel series - comics!
Another guest post on the topic of Science Fiction - True Confessions of a Sci Fi Reader.
A third post! For her "12 Days of Blogmas" - I describe the Nerdy Book Club!
Runaway Writings: I've joined in with a group of friends I met on Twitter to write a collaborative story about the "Perfect Apocalypse". At this point, I've only written two short sections: Scarlet Blossoms in the Long Ago and Stain of Scarlet in the Long Ago