What Matters Most
My mind spent most of the wee hours of last night poking at me for all the things I haven't done.
* Finishing the prep work for my presentation this Wednesday evening (I swear, I'm almost done)
* Finishing preparing for our school-wide SMART night next Monday (I know what I'm doing, but there are tri-fold boards to create and emails to send)
* There's more... but you get the idea.
I got a lot done this weekend, even with all the ferrying around of children and work commitments. It still seems like it's never enough. There's always the next thing, or the three things that needed to get done that didn't.
What matters most, though?
* My children are clean, fed, and loved.
* My husband and I are healthy and have a warm, comfortable home.
* I love and am loved. Twenty-two years of marriage and counting. I'm so thankful to have my husband as a partner and friend.
* I have a job that is important, and allows me to impact the future.
While my brain may not accept those arguments enough to allow me to sleep well on Sunday nights, I can still wake up Monday morning and remind myself.
And have a cup of coffee to jumpstart the day.
Come join the writing community at Two Writing Teachers. March is the official DAILY Slice of Life challenge. Someone is there Slicing (writing
FROM FARM TO MOO MOO by Tim Miller
1 hour ago